Friday, July 18, 2014

That one time I met Aragog...or Shelob... it was hard to tell

From the title you may assume I am exaggerating...but here's the story.  
     To set the stage, Clarissa, Kelsey, and I were in our hotel room the morning we were leaving Don Khone packing and getting ready to leave.  Clarissa had grabbed her towel out of the bathroom and was bringing it over when I noticed a HUGE spider on the back of it (and by huge I mean MASSIVE!!!) so of course I was gaping at it and Kelsey looked to see what had me aghast. Her reaction, naturally, was to scream!  So then Clarissa threw it on the bed and the spider ran off it so everyone else screamed!  So everybody in the vicinity came running by; maids, other guests, all of the other students here with us.  And the monkey in the courtyard started shrieking, only adding to the chaos.  So the maids came rushing through our door as we booked it out!  And of course they started laughing at us (along with everybody else).  But the really horrifying part of this story is what came next.  One of the maids killed the spider in the sheets and as she was taking the sheets out of the room she popped it into her mouth.  That's right, SHE ATE IT!!  It was so gross!  She only ate the body though, and then buried the enormous legs.  She then told us we could go back and it was safe, but all I could see was the huge black-brown stain on her lips, the remnants of that DISGUSTING spider.

Luckily before she ate the spider I was able to capture a picture of it:
Thank goodness she was distracted fighting a hobbit when we found her or she would have killed us for sure!



No comments:

Post a Comment