Monday, May 19, 2014

My Little Bathroom Buddies: A Poem

Yes, yes I realize how strange that title sounds but it's true.  The bathroom in my host family's house has windows to the outside...but they lack screens or glass.  So odd and ugly little critters decided to move inside and make it their home.  So in a moment of pure creativity (for which I apologize) I wrote this poem about them...

Those Friendly Little Critters
In my bathroom I can find
many species of all kinds! 
They're (sometimes) friendly and special to me!
When they crawl across the floor,
occasionally on my foot or something more,
then they start to see the ugly side of me.

The mosquitoes I will squash
as I continue to wash.
On the spiders I will trod
if they try to get near this bod!
The centipedes I fear and then I smush
often with an accompanying squeal as I rush.
There's a baby gecko on the wall
that I always fear will fall!

But the worst of these "friends"
are the ants that will spend
their lives tormenting me to the end!
They scurry across my feet
regardless of how many I beat
they will always win in the end!
No matter how many I kill dead 
or send down the drain with a shower head
they always replace their lost friends.
So I've stopped trying to squash them and their kin
Congratulations ants! You win!
That's it now---THE END!

Yes, I know how disastrous this poem was, so as a consolation I've attached a picture.
Yes I know the quality is poor, but if you look closely, that big thing above the light is our friend, the baby gecko, who has been named Francis for reasons unknown.


No comments:

Post a Comment