Thursday, May 8, 2014

We made it!

That's right!  I am now in Phnom Penh, Cambodia and I have been for all of 11 hours!  And I'm already in love with it!  It's been an adventure from the moment we landed and got driven in the BYU tuk tuk from the airport to our host family's house.  The traffic is probably the most insane that I've ever been in!  There are basically no rules of the road other than to generally drive on the right side, but if you don't it's fine!  I guess the only other rule would be not to get hit!  And if you get hit, to just keep moving!  Stop signs and stop lights are all stoptional...And of course, you can fit four or five people onto a tiny little moto!  And don't worry, you can carry an enormous ladder, or car windshield, or live chickens on the back as well!
We got bikes almost as soon as we'd arrived and jumped right in!  Basically you just have to be aggressive and get where you need to be, other people will move around you.  Of course we're wearing helmets though (just to reassure you mom!) so of course we look like touristy Americans...but I'm okay with that.  I can't understand what they're yelling at me anyways!
Don't worry, pictures will be posted soon!  And there will be more to follow just as soon as I'm not completely jetlagged and exhausted!

No comments:

Post a Comment