Thursday, May 15, 2014

Why America Needs a King!

Not even a king, just any sort of monarchy would do!  I'm sure my dad will be so proud I've seen the light!  But actually it's for one simple reason: holidays!  Sure, we have President's Day I guess, but it's nowhere near as good as the Cambodian celebration of the king's birthday.  They king's birthday is May 14, so naturally they get it off...but one day is too short to really celebrate his life so why not add each day on either side of the 14th...But you know that means there's a holiday from Tuesday to Thursday, so people only are going to work Monday and Friday.  Where's the sense in that?!  So let's give them Monday and Friday off as well!!  That'll do it!  Oh, but the next Monday is another holiday, Plowing Day, so we'll have to give them that day off too!
That's right, they get a whole week off for the king's birthday and then the next Monday off too!  I don't remember any holidays like that in America. So yes, I'm totally in favor of a monarchy (as long as the holidays come with them)!!

No comments:

Post a Comment